WE INVITE THOSE INTERESTED IN PROMOTING ACTIVE COMPASSION FOR ANIMALS AND OTHERS IN THEIR STATE AND NATION TO COME TO THIS ENERGIZING EVENT.
ATTRIBUTES OF ATTENDANCE
• Gain insight into the current topics of discussion and concern facing those in the animal wellbeing fields and what others are doing to overcome those challenges
• Actively support animals and learn how you can begin and sustain initiatives in your own community
• Learn what animal wellbeing and care resources are available to Oklahomans and those in the surrounding regions
• Take part in an energizing conference format that will leave you excited to get back to your community and share what you have learned
• Meet and develop relationships with other like-minded animal advocates
• Breakfast, lunch, and breaks for both days of the conference. An early evening reception with light refreshments is also included on Monday night; dinner is on your own during the conference. An opening reception on Sunday evening will feature hors d'oeuvres and drinks
• Two days of informative breakout and plenary sessions
• Pre-conference tour (limited enrollment)
• Opportunities to network with individuals from different parts of the animal wellbeing field who work throughout the United States and in all areas of Oklahoma
• Tote bag with materials
• Full access to cat cafe, portrait studio, Scissortail Gifts shop, free materials
•Continuing Education credits
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE ANIMAL CONFERENCE
IF I AM NOT FROM OKLAHOMA, CAN I STILL ATTEND THE CONFERENCE?
Of course. In fact, we welcome attendees from around the globe to attend the two-day conference. Kirkpatrick Foundation’s Safe & Humane initiative is to make Oklahoma one of the safest and most humane places to be an animal, but we endeavor to inspire communities elsewhere. In order to make our state a safer place, we encourage those in other areas of the country to contribute, expand, and share their knowledge and commitment to animal wellbeing.
IS THIS CONFERENCE ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ADVOCATE FOR ANIMAL RIGHTS?
Kirkpatrick Foundation’s Safe & Humane initiative and The ANIMAL Conference 2018 support the idea of animal wellbeing. We welcome all in the animal wellbeing community who are respectful to differing points of view. Sometimes, language and terminology can be polarizing, and we have found that the phrase “animal rights” is both intentionally and unintentionally divisive. The Safe & Humane conference is designed to bring concerned and interested people together to study and communicate about the current issues and future trends of animal wellbeing.
ATTENDING THE CONFERENCE
WHEN AND WHERE WILL THE ANIMAL CONFERENCE 2018 TAKE PLACE?
The official dates of The ANIMAL Conference 2018 are Sunday, October 21, 2018, through Tuesday, October 23, 2018, at the Skirvin Hilton Hotel in downtown Oklahoma City. Please check the agenda for up-to-date information concerning session times.
ARE MEALS INCLUDED IN MY REGISTRATION?
Yes. Breakfast, snack, and lunch will be offered both days of the conference.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
Attire is business casual. Feel free to be comfortable in slacks, denim, polo shirts, sweaters, blazers, blouses and most importantly, comfortable shoes. We recommend you dress in layers as temperatures in meeting rooms can vary.
IS THERE ACCESSIBILITY FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AT THE SKIRVIN HILTON HOTEL?
The Skirvin Hilton Hotel complies with the regulations set by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Please email Erin W, Skirvin events manager, should you need any special accommodations.
WHERE SHOULD I PARK DURING THE EVENT?
There is ample parking in the parking garage located directly to the east of the Skirvin. Please visit, http://parkingokc.com/santa-fe, for direction and pricing. Roadside parking is also available at an hourly rate.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE ANIMAL CONFERENCE 2018?
On this website. A link to the registration page is found at the top of this website. Scholarships are available.
I HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM REGARDING MY REGISTRATION.
Please call Brad Holt, Factor 110 operations manager, at (405) 604-0041 or email Brad@factor110.com.
CAN I CANCEL MY REGISTRATION?
Full refunds, less a $50 cancellation fee will be honored for all cancellations received, in writing, by October 5, 2018. No refunds will be made for cancellations received after that date and registrants will be responsible for the full conference fee. Send cancellations to Brad Holt (firstname.lastname@example.org), operations manager.
HOW DO I MAKE A HOTEL RESERVATION?
Hotel room reservations can be made by visiting the Skirvin Hilton Hotel website or by calling (405) 272-3040. For more information about accommodations, visit our Location page for more details. Ask for the ANIMAL Conference room block for a discounted rate.
WHAT IS THE CLOSEST AIRPORT TO THE ANIMAL CONFERENCE 2018?
Will Rogers World Airport – Oklahoma City (OKC) it is located approximately fifteen minutes away from the Skirvin Hilton Hotel.
Photo Credit: Tim Flach